Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I use wireless internet through a router connected to my shaw cable modem?

I am buying a laptop tomorrow and I was wondering how will I get wireless internet? Is it just a simple as buying and hooking up a wireless router to my shaw cable modem???|||Get a good brand-name wireless router, like a D-Link WBR-2310 (%26lt;%26gt; $30). They're a canadian company with "Real People" tech support and great products.





You must then use an Ethernet cable to configure Wireless and Enable WPA encryption with a passphrase that you make up.





Once configured. Remove the Ethernet cable and set up your laptop to use WPA and the WPA passphrase you set up in the router.





The step by step for XP, or Vista, is in the D-Link User Manual. Call D-Link Tech Support if you get stuck.|||just read the menu|||yes...simply put

No comments:

Post a Comment