Monday, December 19, 2011

Wireless router?

How do I determine what type of wireless router I need for my apartment. I need it to work from one room to another and I what do I need to get for my computer to make it work?|||i'm sure most anything you get would cover your apartment assuming its an average 800-1000 sq ft or so. You can get a linksys from walmart for 39 bucks or so.





the computer closest to the DSL / phone jack will probably use ethernet and most PCs have an ethernet card but double check. The other PC will need a wireless adapter. you can get a USB wireless adapter for about 29 bucks at walmart.|||need to check out your computer make sure it has a lan connection( like a big phone jack ) or a USB port,,





Beldin or Linksys wireless routers at walmart are fine, but you need to little receiver for the remote computer,, Beldin is cheaper and easier to use, has security too,|||the would depend on what range between computers you'll have. usually most wireless routers operates between 100-300 feet.|||Go to staples or computer store tell them what you have and they will be happy to help you. I have the Linksys model wrt54g wireless router and the Linksys pci adapter model wmp54g. Works great. We run 3 computers in the house which is as big as most apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment