Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is it practical to connect a wireless router to another wireless router?

Is is practical to connect a wireless router to another wireless router to extend the network's reach and/or to control the bandwidth given to a particular user(s)? Thanks!|||If they are placed together, it wont help. A signal repeater could be used, however, to increase signal strength between the router and the device.|||FU OSCAR GRANT|||Why got just get a larger wireless router? The one I got is small and good for a one story as I have a small place but could have gotten a bigger one and it would have gone well out from my home and neighbors could have possibly accessed it. It would do a 2 or 3 story and I didn't need to do that.





Yours should go to your yard. If you wanted to do something with a longer range to share the internet, then you need to talk to the stores and find a larger router and it should broadcast much farther out. I am not sure a router would work as they are not wireless but need an ethernet cable from the DSL to the router (or modem to router) so you would need an ethernet cable from one router to the other I'd think and you would lose the whole idea of no wires and can't take that from house to house. So I'd think a more powerful router woud do the trick.





I got an easy router to work with, the Valet and I got a small one rather than the larger one. But there re probably some moe powerful that the larger Valet even. Check with the dealers on that first before you get another router and try to hook together. I am not sure it would work, but then I am not terribly electronically talented anymore. That is why I got the valet as it is easy to hook up. We can give a code though for guests which is what you want. That way you can also have it cut off if necessary. Good luck.|||lol

No comments:

Post a Comment