Friday, December 16, 2011

Is it possible to use a wireless router to pick up internet within your home instead of a wireless card?

I want to hook up a third pc to a wireless network in my home. One pc has a wireless card , but it\s it possible to use a regular wireless router to pick up the net from another wireless g router instead of using a wireless pc card?|||Ummm, I think I know what you are asking.





If you want to access the wireless network you need a wireless card. They sell them for both laptops %26amp; desktops.





If you have a laptop %26amp;/or a desktop pc %26amp; don't want to get a wireless card... get a ethernet cable. Doesn't matter which one, make sure it's long enough to reach the back of the router. Plug it in %26amp; your connected to the internet.





You cannot use the router as a wireless card, at most you could use it as a repeater on the network. You would still need a method of accessing it/network = wireless card %26amp;/or ethernet cable.|||Yes a wireless router is the ay to go...|||it should be able to. The wireless card is mostly used for laptops|||Yes, I do that too !|||Yes it is possible|||Yes that's what i do at home.|||YES|||A relay or Access Point is what you are referring to. Yes. However, you can't use any router to do it. It must have Access Point or Relay capability.|||Yes ma'am. I have the same thing, I use a Netgear router.|||we use a wireless router for all our computers/laptops so YES!!!


Try Netgear.|||Yea I have linskys and it goes through my home computer then my family has two laptops that get internet thriugh the wireless router.

No comments:

Post a Comment