Saturday, December 24, 2011

What wireless router will the Wii connect to?

Well i have a Lynksys wireless G broadband router. Model number WRT54G2. And i can find a access point but it wont pass connection test. And then i baught a lan adaptor and plugged the cord into my modem and still nothing. So can you tell me if my wireless router works for the wii? Because if not should i buy one that does and then my wii will connect?|||I used to use that router with my Wii and it worked fine. If you are using wireless security it needs to be set on WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), or WPA2 - PSK (AES). No WPA2-PSK (TKIP) Nintendo also recommends using channel 1 or 11 for the G wireless.





I'm pretty sure that your router supports WPA2 -PSK (AES). I would suggest using that setup as it is the most secure and works well with the Wii.|||if you go to support.nintendo.com, and you go to the internet section, it gives you the list of routers compatible to the Wii. also make sure you have the right codes from your router or it wont work. i did the same thing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment