Monday, December 19, 2011

Wireless router?

I just boought a Linksys wireless router and i set it up right but it won't work for my MAC. It says I am connected but when I try to use the internet it won't work. And I have a friend who has the same thing and it works at her house. Does anyone know what's wrong??|||I am unable to tell you whats wrong but I can tell you how to set it up correctly.





completely disconnect the router and start over


plug the mac into the modem


get the mac on the internet


put the cd setup for the router in the mac


DONT CONNECT THE ROUTER YET


run the router setup cd


when the cd tells you to,,, connect the router





If I knew the model number of the router I might have been able to tell you whats wrong. If you checkout the link below and run NETCHECK, linksys will tell you whats wrong|||You may have bought the wrong type of router or the discs used to install which usually come with it wont work using a MAC try finding a solution on the MAC site or contact the supplier and makers of the Router for troubleshooting help.





Go back to the shop where you bought it and ask if it will work for a MAC as well as shop assistants are rather unhelpful unless you ask them|||It's probably an operator error?

No comments:

Post a Comment